Tara is Senior Lecturer at Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT Sloan), USA; and Visiting Senior Lecturer at King’s College, London.
Take her acclaimed course ‘Neuroscience for Business‘:
In 2018 she launched a new research project on ‘Organisational Plasticity’©, ‘Organisational Epigenetics’© and ‘Epi-Cultures’©. The ‘Organisational Plasticity Index’ (OPI) looks at the factors that enable a company to make successful pivots and future-proof their success. This research is based on her work on neuroplasticity and epigenetics as applied to businesses.
Tara’s Organisational Plasticity and Epi-Cultures series on Forbes:
- Why Business Is Like The Brain
- Rate and Reboot Your Work Relationships
- Three Neuroscience Insights To Improve Work Communication
- The Epigenetics Of Business
Tara undertakes studies into the mental resilience of professions that experience particularly high levels of stress. Projects Tara has been involved with include:
- The results of the study into the mental resilience of journalists were published on 18th May 2017. Click here to read the full report.
- A study in collaboration with the Corinthia Hotel, London, examining the mental resilience of teams both front and back of house in the fast paced 24-7 hospitality industry.
- Tara is also co-author of the award-winning book, Neuroscience for Leadership: Harnessing the Brain Gain Advantage. The book uses new evidence that positive leadership can be learned and how by harnessing key competencies and creativity, leaders can make better decisions and improve performance.
- A research paper with Dr Michael Hurley, Senior Researcher at Imperial College, London on treatment for Parkinson’s Disease.